Our Family Law team is experience in all areas of Family Law including:
- Property Settlements for married and defacto couples
- Child Welfare matters
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Binding Financial Agreements for married and defacto couples
- International Child Recovery matters.
We recognise that the breakdown of a relationship can be a very difficult time for most people. We are committed to assisting our clients to resolve all matters in a timely and cost effective manner, no matter how simple or complex their affairs might be.
Jeremy Culshaw and Kym Kerr are both members of Collaborative Professionsals (WA) Inc.
Lawyers who are trained in Collaborative Practice work with family law clients to resolve financial and parenting issues without going to court. Each party and their lawyer signs a participation agreement which establishes the ground rules for the collaborative process and confirms that court proceedings will not be commenced.
Negotiations take place at a series of face to face meetings with a focus on the parties retaining control of the process. Other professionals (eg. Accountants, valuers, child experts) may be engaged as appropriate. For more information on the collaborative process contact our collaborative practitioners, Kym Kerr and Jeremy Culshaw.
Estate Planning, Wills and Probate
Appropriate Estate Planning involves putting in place the appropriate structure to help you manage your affairs in life and after death. It will usually involve a mix of legal and accounting advice.
We are experienced in:
- Family Trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorneys
- Powers of Attorney
- Corporate Structure
Property and Commercial
Our Property and Commercial experience includes:
- Sale and Purchase of real property, including residential, commercial, industrial and rural land.
- Leasing, acting for both landlord and tenant in respect of retail office and industrial leases.
- Sale and Purchase of Businesses either through the purchase of the business assets or the purchase of shares in the company that owns the business.
- Acting for listed and unlisted property trusts.
- Liquor Licensing
- Stamp Duty
Many commercial matters today include cross jurisdiction transactions. Our relationship with Hunt & Hunt means we are able to assist our clients no matter where the transaction is conducted across Australia, New Zealand and China.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
We are experienced in dealing with disputes, be they commercial disputes or Inheritance disputes in all courts across Western Australia, including the Federal and High Courts.
Our aim is to assist our clients achieve the best possible outcome whilst maintaining a commercial focus for our clients, in a timely and costs effective manner.